For information on road closures in the area register with   www.One.Network

and you will be able to view all road works in the area. 


To find details of all planned structural maintenance work for the current financial year, visit www.travelsomerset.co.uk/structural-maintenance/
At present there are no maintenance works showing for the parish of Brympton 

The telephone number for reporting faulty streetlights, illuminated traffic signs and bollards is 08456010939. If you have to phone to report a faulty unit, please make a note of the number painted on the light column, the name of the road, the Parish and the nature of the problem. That way, the lamp can be easily identified. The County Council try to get all faults corrected within five days. Not all lights belong to Highways e.g. the lights at the Forum (Abbey Manor) are owned by either SSDC or the landlord.

For those call the Parish Clerk with the number painted on the light column and she will report the fault to the right person.


As you may have observed the Brympton Parish Council has positioned a speed indication device (SID) at various locations on highways running through the Parish. The location of the SID varies periodically as dictated by current legistlation, it cannot be positioned permanmently at one monitoring location. The sites chosen for the location of the SID are as agreed with the SCC Highways Department and generally cover the roads that are known to be areas where the speed limit is regulary exceeded or perceived to be exceeded. 

Parking across a dropped kerb is now a contravention outside London under the Traffic Management Act 2004. However if the vehicle is parked with the permission of the owner of the property it will not be subject to enforcement action. Therefore Somerset County Council will only enforce this contravention on demand.

Should an unknown vehicle be parked across the dropped kerb, the resident/business can contact Parking Services 01823 210566 and the matter will be dealt with at the earliest opportunity by serving a Parking Charge Notice (PCN).
Not all dropped kerbs are there to allow access to a private driveway. Dropped kerbs are also placed on the footway or the carriageway for other reasons; to assist
• Pedestrians crossing the carriageway;
• Cyclists entering or leaving the carriageway; or
• Vehicles entering or leaving the carriageway
These dropped kerbs will be enforced in the normal manner and PCNs will be served to vehicles parked in contravention. Any PCNs served for this contravention will not normally be cancelled.